So, it’s the middle of my second week working out consistently, and I already feel stronger. Today consisted of cardio, Pilates (using Blogilates videos), and stretching, and I really enjoyed it! I feel so much better. My core is stronger already, and it has only […]
Tag: home workout
As a mom of two young children, it’s safe to say that I don’t have the time (or childcare) to go to a physical gym. (If you do, I would love to know how you make it work because for me, it just doesn’t.) So I looked around for workout videos and stumbled upon the Blogilates POP Pilates videos. I initially tried a few cardio workouts, and when I was so sore I couldn’t move the next day, I was more than interested. I then found the Blogilates calendars, and I was hooked.
So, here are my eight reasons for loving the Blogilates POP Pilates videos.
- The videos are energetic and fun! Between the pop music (get it, POP Pilates!), the bright settings and Cassey’s upbeat personality, it makes workouts much, much easier.
- Pilates is a really great core workout. This is a major problem area for me. After two C-sections in less than two years, my core lacks muscle tone, and my skin is flabby. I bounced back pretty fast after my first child, but the second one has been very different. I’m sure many of you can relate. I love the way my core feels after a Pilates workout, and I can already see results.
- The videos are easily accessible and free! All of the POP Pilates videos I’m using are on YouTube under the Blogilates channel. They are just a click away. I can work out using my phone, tablet or TV, which is very appealing.
- The calendars are great! (and Free) Why re-invent the wheel if you don’t have to? I can have a certified instructor/trainer prepare my workouts for me without ever leaving my home. I started the Blogilates Beginner Calendar 2.0, which covers the first four weeks. From there, I will move to the monthly calendars. These are completely free as long as you subscribe to the newsletter, which is just an added bonus!
- Pilates is low impact. I’ve had a few injuries in my past that tend to flare with arthritis pain or just tend to be re-injured. Shoulder surgery, hip dislocations, Achilles tendinitis to name a few…That’s why having a workout plan that consists of mainly low impact exercise is really important to me. I love cardio and high impact exercises, but I pay for it if that’s all I do.
- Cassey, the creator of Blogilates, is normal. She wants you to be your best self, not Hollywood’s best self. She is strong and fit with an abundance of muscle tone, but I love that it’s subtle and feminine. She seems to enjoy life without always being at the gym. That’s something I strive for and hope to look like one day. You only live once so make it count! (and I’m not talking about how many days you went to the gym)
- No two videos are the same. Of course you have to repeat videos at times, but every new video seems to have a new take on an existing move. Variety in my workouts is key to me staying motivated. The last thing I need is another excuse.
- It’s about being positive. POP Pilates and the Blogilates mission is encouraging! It’s about supporting each other and becoming a better, stronger person through exercise. This is definitely the kind of support I need to keep moving toward my fitness goals. I am excited to be a POPster!
I’m sure I will come up with several more reasons along the way, but this will have to work for now. All I know is that I want to do the POP Pilates workouts, and for me, that is everything!!
Workout Tip: Make your workouts fun and enjoyable. I never follow through with something I’m dreading. So if you hate your workouts, change them!